Our firm helps individual clients understand, negotiate and document their rights and responsibilities regarding a wide variety of privately negotiated investments. Many of these engagements spring from the vibrancy of the Seattle technology and life science communities, while others arise in the context of estate planning and portfolio management.
Examples of these transactions include the following:
- “angel” investments in startup companies;
- 10b5-1 plans and related counsel for executives of public companies;
- participation in convertible preferred stock and venture capital rounds of funding;
- consulting and licensing arrangements in exchange for restricted stock or stock options;
- limited partner commitments to real estate partnerships, buyout funds, venture capital funds, hedge funds and other pooled investments;
- secondary purchases of investment partnership interests; and
- loans and sales of stock within closely-held businesses.